While I'm working on the RealFlow project I thought I'd upload a video I made during the second year of Uni (technically my first year) as people seem to find it interesting. It's a photo projection I made in Blender.
A similar technique was used to produce the apocalyptic warehouse type scene in my show reel using a photograph I took for the project. I experimented with the Perspective Match tool in 3DS Max, but settled on doing it by hand in Maya, using a background image, mapping the UV's 'Based On Camera' and a Surface Shader to project the textures ready to bake. The original photograph can be seen below on the left with the 3D projection on the right (with what appears to be an error on the windows that didn't affect the bake).